What is a Daisi workshop?
Daisi offer creative arts workshops for your school or community setting across Devon and Torbay, from one-day workshops to arts weeks and family engagement events. These are led by quality-assured, professional artists working across all art forms from visual arts to creative writing, performance and media. We collaborate closely with artist and audience to adapt each project to the age and particular needs of the group.
Workshops can be designed to achieve curriculum-based outcomes, or to support personal, social, health, and community outcomes or to fulfill your arts week objectives.
Daisi workshops can be for early years, primary and secondary school aged children and young people.
Daisi are here to help you create the best possible creative experience for your young people.
What are the benefits?
Daisi arts workshops:
- teach new art forms, skills and techniques
- develop critical thinking skills, collaboration and curiosity
- integrate the Arts across the whole curriculum, from Maths to Literacy and Science
- deepen understanding, for example of other cultures or concepts from across the curriculum (e.g. scientific principles, historical insights)
- support positive mental health
- have a positive effect on social and emotional development
- foster a new creative language between children and their teachers and youth leaders
- promote community cohesion and pupil engagement
- are tailor-made to address the specific needs of each community or school
- offer an opportunity to be inspired and have creative experiences
- contribute towards Artsmark, Arts Award and CPD.
Structured arts activities offer a way to improve children’s thinking skills and thus improve their performance across the board at school, with knock-on effects of better life chances as adults.Cultural Learning Alliance
Why work with Daisi?
How much does a Daisi workshop cost?
A Daisi arts workshop costs £360 per day plus travel and materials for your artist. Discounts may be available for eligible bookings of more than one day with the same artist.
Costs for one day and longer projects, shorter events, training and INSET, may vary according to individual project features, or the individual requirements of a particular artist or setting.
If you are a school in the Teignbridge area you may be eligible for a subsidy from The Helen Foundation.
Please contact Daisi if you would like advice on how to raise money to pay for our services. Arts Council England also provide an information sheet on other sources of funding for the arts, which you can find on their website.
How do I book?
Please follow the enquiry link below to complete an online enquiry form to contact Daisi and get your arts workshop off the ground. Daisi can help you design an inspiring arts experience to meet a range of young people’s learning needs and find the right quality-assured artist for you, so please do get in touch even if you only have the beginnings of an idea or would like some inspiration for a project.