Skills in Your School
Daisi offers diverse, creative and engaging teacher development workshops led by experienced and professional artists.
In a Daisi Skills in Your School workshop, teachers will have the opportunity to work alongside a professional artist and invest in their own creative practice, taking away knowledge and skills that can be adapted to their own classroom, often making links to other areas of learning or curriculum topics.
Workshops are developed in partnership with your school to tailor the session to suit your needs, aims and outcomes.
What are the benefits?
Daisi’s Skills in Your School workshops:
- teach new creative approaches, skills and techniques
- challenge existing knowledge and encourage new thinking
- further your understanding of the artistic and creative process
- develop critical thinking skills, collaboration and curiosity
- help you to support young people’s positive mental health, peer learning and to promote community cohesion and pupil engagement
- are tailor-made to address the specific needs of your school
- support you to integrate the Arts across the whole curriculum, from Maths to Literacy and Science
- offer you an opportunity to be inspired and have creative experiences and support positive well being
- contribute towards Artsmark and CPD.
How much does a Daisi Creative Professional Development workshop cost?
A Daisi Skills in Your School workshop starts from £340 for a half day session of up to 2.5 hours, including the design and preparation of resources. Travel and materials for your artist will be an additional cost and will depend on art form and artist location.
Costs for longer workshops may vary according to individual project features, or the individual requirements of a particular artist or setting. Prices quoted are for activity taking place in Devon and Torbay. Prices for other locations may vary.
Please contact Daisi if you would like advice on how to raise money to pay for our services. Arts Council England also provide an information sheet on other sources of funding for the arts, which you can find on their website.
How do I book?
Please follow the enquiry link below to complete a booking enquiry form to contact Daisi and get your workshop off the ground.
Daisi can help you design a workshop to meet a range of professional development needs and find the right quality-assured artist for you, so please do get in touch even if you only have the beginnings of an idea or would like some inspiration for a workshop.
“It encouraged staff to think outside the box trying new ideas. Encouraged using a wide range of materials and resources for future art.”
Teacher at Denbury Primary School