Visual Art Teachers Conference 2019
We are pleased to announce that the 2019 Art Teachers Conference will be held at the wonderful setting of the Spanish Barn at Torre Abbey on 28th June 2019. The focus of this year’s conference will be ‘Back to Basics – Looking at Drawing‘. For full details of how to book please see the flyer.
*** Book by 24 May to get early bird prices *** Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place – full details are on the flyer ***
The Art Teachers Conference network enables participants to:
- share best practice and exemplar work
- participate and explore their own creatove practice
- be equipped with new skills and approaches
- find out more about innovative ways of teaching and learning in the arts
- extend their network and find out more about new opportunities
This year the programme will include:
- Opportunities to share examples of drawing work by children and young people
- Chance to discuss methods and approaches of embedding drawing across all visual arts practice in both primary and secondary settings
- 3 practical workshops on offer, by 3 very different artists, all with a focus on drawing and mark making
- You will have the choice of 2 workshops to participate in – learning new approaches, extending your own skills and knowledge or just having some creative time for yourself
- There will be plenty of opportunity to talk, explore and make art with your peers. Focusing on getting back to basics, thinking about the place of drawing as a skill and tool that can be used across so many areas of learning
- Free teacher resources from local art suppliers
What do participants say about the conference?
“Very inspirational talks. I’ve come away with fresh ideas that I can use in my own practice” 2018 Art Teachers Conference Attendee.
“(The conference) exceeded expectations due to the variety of areas covered” 2018 Art Teachers Conference Attendee.