**Save the Date**
We are pleased to announce that the 2019 Art Teachers Conference will be held at the wonderful setting of the Spanish Barn at Torre Abbey on 28th June 2019. The focus of this year’s conference will be ‘Back to Basics – Looking at Drawing‘. We are currently finalising all the details for the conference and these will be available on this page soon!
Every year Daisi delivers an Art Teachers Conference for all schools (primary and secondary) and other educational settings in Devon and Torbay. In past years this conference has taken the form of a Visual Art Teachers Conference and in 2016 Daisi held a Drama Teachers Conference.
The Art Teachers Conference network enables participants to:
- share best practice and exemplar work
- participate and explore their own creatove practice
- be equipped with new skills and approaches
- find out more about innovative ways of teaching and learning in the arts
- extend their network and find out more about new opportunities
In 2018 the Visual Art Teachers Conference was held at the Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Galley in Exeter. The programme included:
- RAMM shared new ways of engaging with their collections
- An inspirational talk from the founders of Flossy and Jim
- Primary and Secondary teachers explored new ways of gathering and assessing artwork. Breaking down the barriers of what progress looks like in teaching and learning visual art
- Hugh Childs, a Photography Teacher in Bristol, looked at capturing work in new ways
- Progress through art fundamentals – looking at how you can develop a basic art skill, individually and collaboratively and how to consider progression through a child and young persons artictic journey
- At the conferences there are plenty of opportunities to talk, explore and make art with peers. Time to focus on the place of assessment and progress in all stages of planning, teaching and delivering art.
- At each conference Daisi invites guest speakers to share their experiences with the participants.
What do participants say about the conference?
“Very inspirational talks. I’ve come away with fresh ideas that I can use in my own practice” 2018 Art Teachers Conference Attendee.
“(The conference) exceeded expectations due to the variety of areas covered” 2018 Art Teachers Conference Attendee.
Planning is currently underway for the 2019 Art Teachers Conference. Watch this space for more information.