Visual Art Teachers Conference 2019
We have just successfully held our annual Art Teachers conference for its 5th year, we really enjoyed holding it at the beautiful Torre Abbey, such a fantastic location to feel inspired.
We had an overwhelming amount of positive feedback from the day, 100% of our teachers said they would come back next year, and 97% said the event very much met their expectations.
Claire Harmer at the Torbay Medical Tuition Service said “it was the best drawing experience of my life” in response to Daisi artist Monica Shanta Browns drawing workshop.
The Art Teachers Conference network enables participants to:
- share best practice and exemplar work
- participate and explore their own creative practice
- be equipped with new skills and approaches
- find out more about innovative ways of teaching and learning in the arts
- extend their network and find out more about new opportunities
This years programme included:
- Opportunities to share examples of drawing work by children and young people
- Chance to discuss methods and approaches of embedding drawing across all visual arts practice in both primary and secondary settings
- 3 practical workshops on offer, by 3 very different artists, all with a focus on drawing and mark making
- You will have the choice of 2 workshops to participate in – learning new approaches, extending your own skills and knowledge or just having some creative time for yourself
- There will be plenty of opportunity to talk, explore and make art with your peers. Focusing on getting back to basics, thinking about the place of drawing as a skill and tool that can be used across so many areas of learning
- Free teacher resources from local art suppliers
What do participants say about the conference?
“it was the best drawing experience of my life” 2019 Art Teachers Conference Attendee.
“Very inspirational talks. I’ve come away with fresh ideas that I can use in my own practice” 2018 Art Teachers Conference Attendee.
“(The conference) exceeded expectations due to the variety of areas covered” 2018 Art Teachers Conference Attendee.