Artist for a Day – Blended Workshop
An engaging arts workshop: designed with an artist and led by a teacher – with online intervention and support, live from an artist. We are offering a NEW workshop package via a blended format, including remote input from an artist combined with in-person delivery from a teacher.
This is a new arts workshop option for September 2020 which offers a chance for schools to work with a Daisi artist, even if an in-person workshop is not possible.
Our blended workshop offers teachers a chance to up-skill in a particular art form or technique, as well as engaging pupils in exciting, diverse arts activities which are accessible for all.
Teachers will further develop their confidence in facilitating an arts workshop themselves with online support and guidance from a professional Daisi artist.
To give you an idea of how a blended workshop with a Daisi artist would be facilitated, it will likely be made up of the following components / interactions with an artist:
- a pre-workshop online meeting (teacher + artist)
- an online introduction from the artist to the workshop, materials and techniques delivered live to the pupils by the artist on the day of the workshop
- live online check-ins from the artist throughout the workshop day
- a live online ‘show and tell’ session with the artist at the end of the workshop day
- an online post-workshop de-brief session (teacher + artist).
What are the benefits?
Daisi’s blended approach, artist-supported workshops:
- offer a chance for a teacher to work closely with a professional artist, learning skills, approaches and techniques to add to their arts teaching toolkit
- introduce new art forms, skills and techniques to both teachers and pupils
- offer a chance for pupils to connect with and receive feedback from a local professional artist live online
- can be tailor-made to address the specific needs of each community or school
- encourage new thinking
And as with all of our creative arts interventions, a blended Daisi workshop:
- develops critical thinking skills, collaboration and curiosity
- integrates the Arts across the whole curriculum, from Maths to Literacy and Science
- supports positive mental health
- fosters a new creative language between children and their teachers and youth leaders
- has a positive effect on social and emotional development
- promotes community cohesion and pupil engagement
- offers an opportunity to be inspired and have creative experiences
- contributes towards Artsmark, Arts Award and CPD.
Structured arts activities offer a way to improve children’s thinking skills and thus improve their performance across the board at school, with knock-on effects of better life chances as adults.Cultural Learning Alliance
How do I access a Daisi blended workshop for my school or setting?
Please follow the enquiry link below to complete an online enquiry form to contact Daisi and get your arts workshop off the ground. Daisi can help you design an inspiring arts experience to meet a range of young people’s learning needs and find the right quality-assured artist for you, so please do get in touch even if you only have the beginnings of an idea or would like some inspiration for a workshop.