Daisi artists work with children and young people from 0 – 25 years, in a range of settings, including early years settings, schools, colleges, PRUs as well as non formal education settings such as youth clubs and cultural organisations. To find out more about our upcoming projects and opportunities subscribe to our Artists’ Newsletter. You can also follow Daisi on twitter @DaisiArts and Facebook Daisi.Devon for all the latest news and events.
Artists who work in partnership with Daisi tell us that they gain from working in education settings. For example:
- direct contact with your audience
- a sharing of skills, ideas and approaches
- opportunity to present your working processes and reflect upon how young people interact with them
- access to a network of peers, new projects, work and continuing professional development opportunities
- opportunities to develop your skills in contributing to young people’s development across a range of their learning needs
- opportunities to develop your skills in working with young people from a range of backgrounds and in a range of settings
- opportunities for new collaborative learning alongside other arts, cultural and education professionals
- hard work, inspiration and fun!
Daisi projects can be one-off workshops or a series of sessions, out-of-hours provision, family learning opportunities or collaborations across learning communities.
Are you interested in becoming a Daisi artist? If you become a Daisi registered artist we can:
- match you to projects in response to enquiries from schools, cultural organisations and community groups. Daisi supports both you and the setting through the process of planning and delivering work with young people
- offer you opportunities to work on strategic partnership projects
- assist you to develop suitable workshops for specific groups of young people, and to promote your ideas to settings
- provide you with regular information on local training, support and development opportunities and work opportunities
We welcome applications from artists who have high quality experience of working with young people. Daisi requires artists to:
- be a professional artist who is actively practising and developing your art form
- have experience of working in your art form in schools or other education settings
- apply for a certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service through Daisi
- carry your own Public Liability Insurance
- have two references based on work you have done in schools or education settings within the last 6 months (please make sure the contact information for your reference is current and that they have been informed that you are using them as a referee)
- sign up to Daisi’s Children and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy and comply with all other Daisi policies and quality assurance procedures